About this blog

Ramblings, thoughts, facts and opinions about political things - starting point council tenant participation with my land-lord Camden council and council tenant reps plus other housing issues, and whatever.


NOTE: I believe this account has been illegally hacked. Little clues have been left for me. They like playing games.

Monday 25 January 2021

Vacant Council Housing

 2021 - was great seeing the snow coming down yesterday and it settling for a few hours, enough time for people/animals to have fun in the snow for a few hours. 

The below photo is what I captured from my kitchen window as the snow came down. I think it looks lovely when the snow first come down, and later on the garden even had a visitor; I noticed small footprints coming from the top end of the garden wall [to the right of where the round table and 2 chairs are]  and along the footpath what I'm guessing was a fox in the freshly fallen snow on the ground.  



Theres still no sign of anyone living in flat [A] below me [which has the only door access to the above pictured garden] and as previously reported the woman who holds the tenancy with landlord Camden Council, hasn't lived in the flat since 23  March 2020 [bar 4 nights leading up to 2 July incident with housing people].

I had come back to live at the property on 21 March 2020 after spending 5 days/nights at the hospital after having a Heart Attack on 16 March 2020. 

Mon 23  March 2020 post about HA HERE 
Tues 3 March 2020 Communal Lights Saga post HERE 

Someone was in flat A today as around 2.30pm today i heard the flat door being closed and the usual slamming of the front door. I missed a phone call to my land line [no message as no answer machine attached due to problems with connection] - which occurred around the same time as flat A. 

Its been over 6 months now since the 2 July 2020 incident with tenant Moira Hogan and people from Camden Council housing - there have been other stuff with of course the other tenant in flat C above me Petra "Hurry up and fucking die" Hind. I sensed that they where starting their harassment of me again #councilscan - they being a law unto themselves that even the local police wouldn't touch, not much anyway, though the decent copper did help me a bit by going into flat A and having a look for himself and coming back out and telling me he believed me that there hadn't been a leak - words to that effect, i recorded it. 


13 Feb 2021
Earlier on I happen to look out the windows of my living room and I noticed 3 coppers standing across the road and they kept looking over here, so I got a bit worried and started recording them, and one saw me and waved [yes i recorded that as well] and then they shifted about a bit and then left - this was after i heard tenant upstairs go down and open the front door, and then go back upstairs with who ever she let in. 

Ah I thought, did someone phone the local police [Kentish Town] and tell them they are too afraid to come to the property on their own because of me and 3 local coppers quickly came out and assisted them? 

I found the number of the ward police [Kentish Town] phoned but no answer so left my name and a message] 

As it turns out it was a copper who the tenant let in and went upstairs. I saw him go out and  i knocked on my window and I went out to him. I asked if tenant above had made a complaint about me but he wouldn't say, I told him there is history between us etc etc, we had a chat and he went away - he seemed pleasant enough [he and the 3 others are the local ward team] anyway I will email him later as he suggested and try and sort this out. I had thought of making another formal complaint about tenant for causing me distress and upset again but for now I shall see what the ward police have to say.  I'm fed up with this, its never ending. 

update 8 March 2021
FYI the gardening work that the [vacant] tenant in flat A below me had done when she first moved in here was not as far as I am aware carried out by the Camden Association of Street Properties [CASP] - my post from 2014 about the CASP Gardening Project which includes a list of Roads/Streets CASP claimed they had done works in HERE
Falkland Road isn't included. 

13 April 2021
The flat below me is still vacant, though the tenant still continues to come here to pick up her post and occasionally do a little bit of gardening [i guess to put on a show someone is still living there and tending to the garden?]

I wonder how long this will continue until Camden council takes the flat of her and gives in to someone in actual need as opposed to someone who obviously hasn't the need for a flat as in living somewhere else. 

I think what is happening is the housing officer [it is still Marlene James?] knows she isn't living there, knows the flat is vacant and has for unknown reasons granted the tenant a dispensation [from the tenancy rules] but without good cause?

29 April 2021
Ive just come in from taking a bag of rubbish outside [around 10.10pm] and putting in big wheelie bin and who happens to appear but the vacant tenant in flat A - talk about me feeling like she is rubbing my nose it in so to speak - teflon coated Moira Hogan seems to be. She went into flat A and I heard talking, maybe she on phone. Anyway I came in and left my cat outside having a munch on the grass etc out from, i'll see if he wants to come back in a bit later. 

Im trying to calm down now as it still upsets me very much see/hearing MH or the tenant above PH - i won't be forgetting the heart attack I had and how they and some people in camden council housing have behaved these last years towards me. 'Hurry up and fucking die' says the tenant in flat C.  

4 May 2021
The tenant from flat A stayed overnight in flat A thurs/fri [last week] but not sat/sun then turned up yesterday [lunchtime then went about an hour later]. It upset me a lot. 

For years now, on and off ive had this 'OCD' i guess it might be called, where I pick at the skin on my fingers, around my finger nails - its very difficult to stop doing it, and im in one of the periods where I've been doing it again for a while and my fingers are sore, dry [i do use moisturier but sometimes forget] its like something more powerful than me just takes over and i may say to myself 'stop picking at your fingers' but its like i have no real control but i keep trying. ive taken pics on my phone but for some unknown reason it won't turn on now - even with charger in. 

update  5 May 2021



Thurs 6 May 2021
I missed BTU [checkers of gas applicances on behalf of Camden Council] again.

First time I was in and didn't hear them phone 2nd time today I was in, didnt hear them ring but checked phoned and someone had phoned so im guessing its them - i didn't hear. 

Anyway a few hours later and the vacant tenant appears [she only spent 2 nights - in flat see above] and goes into flat A below, and that makes me thing ah I wonder how she gets around the yearly gas inspections - one is given 6 or 3 hourly slots for when the aplicance checker is supposed to turn up. I don't suppose it matters really, if she can get anyway with what she has gotten away with so far, this gas check should a doddle?. 

22 May 2021
The vacant tenant in flat A keeps coming up here - its like she keeps rubbing my face in it - so to speak - how she got away with her lies etc. 

Something I haven't mentioned before is that through her job she has access to vulnerable people, at times dying people - i remember her telling me once, years ago when we did speak, that she had to go to a funeral. This was when the former b/f was living here. One time he came out to chat with me [me letting my cats in and out through-out day/night -  i used to foster up to 4 cats, but usually it was 2/3 at a time]  i remember him saying he didnt like the police  - something about her relative being a copper, i don't know if thats still the case. 

I also remember the time, not that long after I had gotten in trouble with the police/courts over the 'dodgy' camden council tenant reps, that I was outside in the front garden area and these 2 local coppers appeared and they said a name, that I though was mine - i invited them up to my flat - turns out it wasn't to do with me but flat A vacant tenant, some minor recorded stuff i think. I remember they then went and knocked on flat A's door and the then b/f [english John] answered the door - she wasn't in. I think they asked him to describe her as I remember him saying the colour of her hair. She wasn't in, they went off, I don't know what happened with that. 


Thursday 27 May 2021
Someone from camden councils housing repairs phoned me up yesterday and said something about a leak, and about the housing officer for Kentish Town had told them - she had in effect put them up to phoning me about a leak that didn't exist. I told the person this and he didnt sound very pleased, neither was I and I felt this was 'them' again causing me distress etc. 

How odd is that for the HO to get the repairs team to do that - odd and unprofessional in my view. 

Anyhow I reported it to the police as when I spoke with an officer the other week he said to phone 101 every time something happened, something about the environment I live in not being nice, sort of thing. Im sort of expecting them though at some point to tell me to stop reporting this stuff - i no of someone who had bad experience's with an employee of the council and reported things to the police but she was told by the police to stop reporting things to them. We shall see. 

Vacant tenant in flat A is still coming up here - usually thursdays and sometimes other days on and off. I think the white car she sometimes uses is the b/f's. 

The council/landlord may well ask to see the last 12/15 months of  gas/electric/water bills of vacant tenant in flat A - which should prove she hasn't been living there. They won't though as she is well in with them by the looks of it. 

How this started- back 2017
This all started back in 2017, yes that long ago, on and off - with the vacant tenant from flat A reporting to the landlord camden council that a water leak from my bathroom was coming through her kitchen ceiling, down the wall tiles and onto the kitchen work top. She had before hand told me and let me see in her kitchen and I didnt see any sign of a leak anywhere. 

A plumber from the council turns up here, first goes into flat A then comes up here flat B and blags his way [lies about he can here a leak] into getting me to let him take the board of the bath so he can have a look under it. 

He saw no leak, I saw no leak - i was there the whole time watching him. There was however some work to be done on some damp wood, which was later done. 
I asked the plumber who was in downstairs - it was the current b/f wth the white car - he had showed the plumber a small reddish towel that was on the kitchen top, and it water on it. I laughed, little did I know how long this would drag out and how in with each other the tenant and housing people where/are. 

The next time he came up because she again reported a leak it was a different story: according to plumber water has been gushing down under my bath, they had a video of the water coming through her ceiling sort of thing - it was bs and I made a complaint and it was investigated internally and no leak was found - [this is all on record with the council and I have a record of it] but months later its started/continued and went on and on and on  and is still going on. 


Thursday 10 June 2021
BTU person was supposed to as arranged call here this afternoon 1-3 but didnt, no note no phone call nothing. However the vacant tenant from flat A has been up to the flat 3 times today - 1 time this morning around the same time flat C tenant was banging around above my bedroom, and the second after 1pm [when if the BTU had turned up at that time would have heard/seen her] and then just recently around 4.10pm. 

I went downstairs earlier around 2.30pm to check if any notes from BTU had been left - none, I opened front door and went out into front shared garden area and was about to take a photo of the plant/grass that this year had bloomed/come up really lovely - long stalks that went outwards and have barley like points. Someone though had pulled up the longer stalks and thrown them on top of the other wild plants. I can guess who did it but i didn't see so don't know for sure, but it really upset me.

As well as this I received a letter than happens to be from a neighbourhood housing officer, new name on the block, who ironically mentions something about the communal area - a wooden cabinet and a leaflet - huh i though - photo's on other page, oh i see - something about "you should remove immediately" blah blah blah. Not guilty your honour. Anway will email her later. I had to laugh though at the leaflet thing, I think someone was a bit tiddly or something. 

update
Gas fitter bloke turns up here around 4.30pm or so - 1-6pm not 1-3pm as i was told.hmm. thats that now until next year. 

update

the below photo is one i took not so long ago [the date thing on my camera isn't working properly and mostly tells the wrong date] 

as you can see the grass/wild plants area of the front/communal garden. Look where the light blue arrow is pointed on the left side: the grass/plant had already started to grow taller these last few days and spread out a bit more and even had the barley/wheat like points at the end. It was lovely. I should of taken a photo yesterday but didn't think think would happen. 




The above photo is how I found the grass plant earlier today - notice the longer stems pulled up and throw across the other plants. Not a big thing to to some but it upset me as the plant was really turning into something to behold - I thought anyway, i really appreciated it. 


Update
Tenant above came in earlier slammed both doors and banged and stomped about a bit above me. She's in a bad mood I thought - i think she also got a letter from housing and she blames me for making a complaint about her bookcase in the downstairs hallway. Nope wasn't me, but i guess that won't stop her thinking it was - maybe that was the plan. 


Friday 25 June 2021
The vacant tenant came up yesterday and made herself more seen and heard than the last 2 weeks. I decided I would phone up the new housing officer Dionne Cole [MJ is on leave apparently] but I kept being cut of - i tried 2x. 

I phoned again today and managed to get through to housing ward manager for another part of Camden - DC wasn't in until next week - she will phone me when she comes back. 


Wed 14 July 2021

Tenant is still not living in flat but still comes up here. The new housing officer is aware of her not living there.  The HO didn't seem concerned/interested in the housing repairs issue re the absent key holder below repeatedly making false reports of leak from my flat to her kitchen, and the housing lot going along with it. 

The letter that she sent out to me and flat C above me - but i didn't see a letter to flat A but as she said it could have been sent later - was to do with council workers doing stuff in the downstairs halway reporting to her about the bookcase and wasn't as i suspected [according the HO] the absent tenant from flat A who was trying to stir things up with me and tenant from flat C, who I think from how she went about banging doors etc that she thought I had made the complaint when I hadn't. 

Confused? yeah that's how they like it I suspect - muddy things up. 

I said I didn't like camden council as my landlord and I wanted to move - she seemed to know i wanted to move out of borough. A bungalow near the coast,  all amenities nearby sounds nice I think. 



22 July 2021
Vacant tenant in flat A came up today and mowed the lawn. I suspect this sort of thing goes on a lot through-out the borough ie people being given council tenancies but not living in the properties and the housing department is aware of this and allows it. 


Monday 2 August 2021
I was up early this morning as I had an appointment at the hospital for some checks. I came back 'home' a few hours later and was greeted with having to hear tenant in C from outside - she stands at her living room window and talks loudly at times - just so happens she was doing this when I reached the house - then the vacant tenant in flat  A is about downstairs banging doors and she's out in the garden , doing some weeding. How wonderful.

The 2 xxxx in at the same time and im sandwiched between them. The poison I can feel it. 


Tues 3 Aug 2021
Strange things happening again and may be a co-ordinated thing going on: tenant above around 4pm sneaks downstairs and comes back up with someone who has heavy boots on - tenant pretends to talk into her phone outside my door. They go in. A few bangs above my bedroom in her bedroom and then later as Im down my hallway in my kitchen, the man goes out and tenant below comes in and makes sure she can be heard. Shortly after that she makes a noise going out. 

update
turns out the heavy shoes person didnt leave when I thought he did but later on - he let me hear him and off he went - on an e-scooter, onto the public path and road, illegally. 

I hope this doesn't turn into another cyclegate sort of thing



Saturday 9 Sept 2021
The below photo is what appears to be a dead bird and feathers[been got at by a cat probably] has been there since around tuesday 7 sept 2021 when I first noticed it from my kitchen window. Its not a sight I like to have to see day in day out. I love cats but don't like some of their behaviours such as killing other animals and not even eating them. If I had seen or heard a cat in the garden near the birds I would have like I have done in the past tapped on the window and shoo-ed the cat off. I had hoped one of the foxes would have come along and taken the dead bird to eat but thats not happened.



As far as I am aware the vacant tenant hasn't been up here for a few weeks: tenant above picks up her post - I guess so that it isn't piling up downstairs in communal entrance area in case someone from the council turns up here and possibly see's it. 


Thursday 23 Sept 2021
someone who i guess was the vacant tenant was up here earlier this week - in the flat: I only heard as someone came out and the flat door being closed and then the front door slammed.

Sun 3 Oct 2021
MH came up earlier today and went into flat A for a short while then went out. The usual door banging so I and even the tenant in flat C could hear. 

The housing officer has implied that MH is living at the vacant flat below when she isn't and also set one of the councils legal team onto me about a leak from my flat into flat A [a continuation of the leak saga that lead to me having a heart attack in March 2020] The legal person sent me 2 photo's of Im guessing is supposed to be the kitchen wall area with water pipes of flat A - but weren't - i have a photo and the pipes are different.  
  NB I told the housing officer this and it wasnt until later on l realised I had gotten confused about the photo's as they where blown up large and to me  didnt look like the small ones I had. 


9 Oct 2021
The housing office admitted to me that MH isnt living in flat A below me. Housing knew this since at least July 2020 when the 6 males from housing tried to gain access to my flat and I wouldnt allow them - post I did about them HERE 

The housing management has instructed lawyers from the councils law and and whatever department its called this days, to put in an application to HMCS, which they have done, to get access into the flat I live in. 
i dont know how long the application will take to progress and a hearing date set. I'll try and get through on the phone to the court and try and get some guidance.

14 Oct 2021
MH came up this morning and was mowing the lawn in back garden. I felt sick to my stomach as I usually do when I see/hear her or PH and had to turn radio on so i didnt have to hear her. I think its clear that she and the housing lot are trying to claim that she doesn't live in the flat because of the leaks in the kitchen. She will at some point I guess be claiming compensation from the council [she won't be getting any money etc from me]. I wonder if housing repairs will be getting a share?

Thurs 2 Dec 2021
MH was up in flat A earlier she made a big deal of closing both doors loudly. 

Sun 12 Dec 2021
After 3 hearings [allocated time 30 minutes but where shorter, 1st meeting was adjourned] at Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court, each hearing with a different District Judge [DJ] Camden council housing [CCH]got their way and an Injunction Order issued by the 3rd DJ - i was late to the meeting as missed bus and then stuck in traffic. 

From the first hearing it was obvious to me that the DJ had already sided against me and for CCH and I felt they tried to put the 'frighteners'  on me by mentioning costs and prison sort of thing. In my view they don't play fair in HMCTS. 

I didn't have a legal rep so did the best I could with putting together evidence and feeling my way about court procedures sort of thing. 

To be fair CCH solicitor and barrister did help me a little with some procedures [not legal advise as they can't do that] and the council in house solicitor even sent me the defence form for me to fill in [I don't know why I bothered really as I didn't seem to have a defence that had any notice taken of it by any 3 DJ, let alone the 3rd one who issued the Order.] 

I admit that at first I thought CCH wherent serious with the legal action [first filled in Sept 2021] as they had had tried to frighten me with this a few times previously but backed down and it didnt seem real to me. 

The first time email was sent to me by council legal person and then as I found out, the housing officer [who was at court] hand delivered slim bundle and another letter [2 large envolopes] with Hand Delivered written on them, and pushed them under my flat door. 

I thought the [not so much a bundle as was slim] was more 'thrown' together than neatly put together so that it was easily read/navigated by myself and the courts and the photo's where copied so large that to me they distorted the photo's to the point where at first I thought they weren't of what they where said to be photo's of, but later on realised they where - playing games with my mind I think, knowing I have some mental health difficulties. 

The 2nd and last 'bundle' was again sent by email and then hand delivered 3 days before the 1st hearing [on Fri 19 Nov 2021 and hearing was for Mon 22 Nov 2021]. Hand delivered by a man from Camden council I shall call the 'Courier' -  thats what he was in one way, in another he was he said, an ex-copper who was working for CC, community safety department. 

I was in bed and someone knocked on my flat door 2x, a male voice who called out my surname but didnt identify themselves and this made me very anxious. I didnt reply and I heard him trying the handle of my door. He then knocked on flat C door and which was quickly opened [was tenant standing/sitting behind the door?] and he went in. 

I called the police - I was in such a state and police came and I told them what happened and they knocked on flat C door but no-one answered so they went away. Not long after the Courier man came out and slammed the front door [so I could hear him i suspect] and I got my camera and recorded him as he came into view outside and turned around to look up at the window I was at.  I told him I was recording him, he could hear what I was saying, and I went down stairs to the communal hall entrance to speak to him. 

I shall stop there with that for now and start another issue thats connected to this:
The issue is of getting [money from] compensation from camden council for alleged damage to flat and property and claiming to need to move out of flat due to it being unsafe or whatever the reason given - that flat A has given the housing office and housing repairs for not living there. 

This reminded me of a a case a few years back when I was a tenant rep  on [a camden council funded and supported] tenants association and another rep from this group had already claimed [it was said] £10k from camden council over damage to her flat by council building contractors. Whilst she was very cosy with a few 'leaders' of this group she again claimed damage  to her flat - and was apparently put up in a hotel in Swiss Cottage, the Marriot i think, the one with a swimming pool. 

It was obvious to me thats how things are done with this group: back scratching: doing favours for others and expecting something in return. I don't know if there had been genuine damage to her flat x2 but I personally didnt think so and that some sort of scam was taking place but I have no evidence of that. 

Moving forward to 2015 and when tenant in flat C above me didn't report that her toilet overflow pipe was leaking - and which could have been like this for some considerable time, enough so to soak into some inner walls [and ceiling] in my flat as well as the outer wall - im surprised flat A below me wasn't affected by the leak but apparently not. I thought of this when MH in flat A first mentioned to me back in 2017 about a leak. 

The below photo's are: 1 of ceiling in my hallway [directly under toilet of flat C above] 



2. Outside wall view from my bedroom window


and 3. wall near window in my hallway [window is opposite my bathroom/toilet which is above flat A's kitchen where tenant keeps claiming a leak that no one had seen other than 1 time and which was fixed] 
I couldn't work out where exactly the water was coming from and it took a little while for housing repairs and then me to discover it was upstairs toilet pipe - only when flat C let me into flat C and she indicated outside to where the pipe was:she never said a word though, just indicated. I had previously let her into my flat and showed her the water damage. The water would also come down the walls when it was raining, not pouring down as in gushing down but I could see a few trickles. 

Somehow the current HO, who was involved in bringing me to court to get Injunction to access my flat, had mixed the above highlighted point in with the rest  of her un-signed [not even a digital signature] Witness Statement of Truth

I could have claimed all sorts of damage and demanded it be put right and some extra money for how upsetting it had been for me - but I didn't. All i asked for and got was money to redo the area's in the flat that had been damaged. 

I got a quote from a business firm, sent it to the councils finance team and put in a better quote - i saved them money - all this is on record. I should have shafted them for all I could get I know, thats what a lot of other people would do, but I didn't - more the fool me eh?

Thursday 14 Jan 2022
When I came in y/d from food shopping  I noticed that someone had done some work on/in the entrance hallway, as some debris was left there. Later today I went downstairs and out to put rubbish for recycling in bin and also noticed when  I came back in that someone had moved a notice that was on the communal wall - and placed it elsewhere as well as a new NO smoking sign. 

I'm guessing that this must be the work that a repairs note that has been left on downstairs hallway - but no names on it. 

Sunday 10 April 2022
Vacant tenant from flat A has been up here 2x this week and both times made a racket which was a nuisance to me and caused me distress. I feel sick to my stomach every time i see or hear her. Ive tried to not let her affect me this way but after what she has done and the lies told and the adverse intrusion into what is supposed to be my home by council housing people.
I am unhappy and i have lost hope, and getting out of bed is difficult unless i really need to. I don't have much to get up for other than see to my cat and using the loo etc, I don't want to be in this existence, nothing is going to change for the better to make me feel any better. 

Sunday 9 Sept 2022
MH still doesn't live in flat A, how long will the landlord Camden Council keep this up? 

Sunday 7 May 2023
Vacant tenant from A below me has been up here everyday for the last week or so, not for long though.  Y/D she and woman where in the back garden and took something out of the top end garden shed.
Today she has come and gone a few time and then with woman and spent a number of hours here and was in the garden as well. 
She slams both front door and her garden doors each time which causes me annoyance - flat C is in as wel as I heard her shouting earlier on. 

This issue is still unresolved. She and C and camden council still owe me an apology for the stress a upset they have caused me over these few years. 


No comments: