About this blog

Ramblings, thoughts, facts and opinions about political things - starting point council tenant participation with my land-lord Camden council and council tenant reps plus other housing issues, and whatever.


NOTE: I believe this account has been illegally hacked. Little clues have been left for me. They like playing games.

Monday 22 April 2019

Tampering with the Post

Last Aug [2018], on my birthday, someone took from the communal hallway, a birthday card that was addressed to me. One or 2 other b/d cards that been delivered on previous days where thankfully untampered with.

They took the card, opened [tampered with it] it at the side [to have a look in it] and they stole the money that was inside of it. They then put the card back in the communal area under some other post that was addressed to me. The post was on a small bookshelf someone had years ago put in the communal hallway near to the stairs.

The card was from my sister and I had to tell her about what had happened, and I felt bad about what had happened, upset about the fact that the money was a gift to me from my sister and some thieve had stolen the money and then had the cheek to put the card minus the money back in the hallway under other letters.

This was the first time in all the time I have lived here that the post had been tampered with in such a way.

It wasn't until later that night when I went downstairs to put rubbish out that I had a look to see if I had any letters. I had 3/letters and saw the red card I knew was a b/d card. I went upstairs and then noticed the side of the card had been opened and I had a look and saw only the card and no money. Oh I thought, my sister always lets me know beforehand if sending money [in case I don't receive it, or it gets lost on the post sort of thing]. I contacted my sister and told her what had happened to the card. I hated having to tell her but I had to in case the thieving happened again in the future.

I didn't think it was worth it reporting the matter to the police as I didn't actually see who stole the money, and it wasn't a large amount of money, but I did report it to my landlord Camden council, who didn't do anything, not even a letter sent to tenants in property about the matter.

I believe I know who stole the money from the card. It was something I saw this person doing in a garden on the same day the card was tampered with that made me strongly suspect this person.



update 15 July 2019
 as the saying goes 'come here, theres more ...'

other things like when one summer day I saw a neighbour at the bush in the shared front garden, spraying it, neighbour went inside when neighbour saw me.  It wasn't until the following year when the bush didn't grow back did I realise what the neighbour had done. The bush had been poisoned.

Later on the neighbour was to get current b/f to totally cut back what was left of the bush. The neighbour had previously tried to take over the front garden, a shared garden and didnt think to consult me or the other tenant as required and neighbour wouldn't stop when I politely asked.

There is a small area in the front garden that has wild flowers growing [some may say they are weeds but I disagree] there was even a young tree growing there and is the only place my cats have of their own so to speak to rummage about in, as cats do. They had all been ripped up. Bearing in mind the neighbour has exclusive access to the back garden I thought it wasn't on, that it was greedy and selfish.

It was only when I asked tenant if the council knew about the b/f living there that the neighbour gave me some rather lame excuse [I thought] and even put the tears on [no actual tears though] and seemed to back of.

The b/f went back to his own flat when the council had the 'key amnesty' in 2013 HERE I think one of his immediate neighbours must have contacted the council about him not living there, only picking up his post sort of thing. Boyfriend wasn't working so would have been claiming housing benefit and council tax benefit. I'd say it was around 4 years he wasn't living in the flat the council gave him.

More recently the 2 black wheelie bins that where in the front shared garden disappeared.The first one went into the back garden of a neighbour, I don't know what happened to the 2nd bin.

Therefore, there where no blk bins to put the 'normal' rubbish in - so I put carry bags i'd usually put in the wheelie bins, [no food in them as I use other little bin for food waste] in the same spot where the bins once where.

One day a neighbour came out, saw the bags and said loudly 'what has she done now - rats rats'.

Not long after, a used blk wheelie bin appears in the front garden so I moved it to where they usually are placed. Not long after that a little black wheelie bin appears right in front of the steps leading up to the front door. Its for the tenant with the back garden [as marked with white paint or whatever].

Later on a big black wheely bins appears on the pavement in front of house, and there it has been since. The little bin isn't put out to be emptied, neither was the big black bin that went in the garden.

 The epic saga of the disappearing council wheely bins.

oh theres more ..... 

Update Thursday 18  July 2019
you'll never guess ?..... the big blk wheelie bin that appeared on the pavement [against the wall] outside house has  ......... disappeared*gasps* - its bin empying on Thursdays around here.



No comments: