About this blog

Ramblings, thoughts, facts and opinions about political things - starting point council tenant participation with my land-lord Camden council and council tenant reps plus other housing issues, and whatever.


NOTE: I believe this account has been illegally hacked. Little clues have been left for me. They like playing games.

Thursday 21 March 2019

Noise Nuisance Camden Council

Camden Councils advice on Noise [nuisance] for tenants
HERE



And some guidance for tenants on how to reduce the noise they may make. 

I am still getting a lot of noise disturbance from flat above me, still at night/early morning and it still causes me a lot of distress. Some things are better than they where but thats only due to me literally having to do battle with the tenant who if contacted by housing doesn't take much notice. I have approached tenant in the past about the noise but she doesn't seem to understand the affect it has on me or seems to even care. tenant still continues to bang things about, stomp about and of course I have to hear the loud noises tenant makes when having an orgasm when with one of her 'boys'.  

 I know that some noise is unavoidable and I accept that but what I don't accept is that even at night tenant still bangs things about and still walks very heavily about her flat. Tenant can't get out of bed at night without the stomping about. I don't accept having to and I mean having to as one can't not hear, her orgasms.

I don't understand it myself how someone can make so much noise unless its deliberately done to cause me distress and annoyance.  

 

Update 22 March 2019

Tenant was making a right racket earlier on in the day with the banging about but has quietened down this evening other than the 'accidental' dropping of heavy objects on floors of kitchen and living room. A handtrick for the bedroom, maybe- when Im having a lie down or trying to sleep? letting the toilet seat bang down, moving about of heavy things? and what is it with the toilet and water pressure [pipes run up through my living room and along ceiling and make a racket at times and I can't seem to get it sorted] and the banging about that is connected to it? 

update 23 March 2019
related to this is the present situation with the communal hallway not having any lighting [3 weeks now approx] due to the light bulbs downstairs and upstairs having blown and none of the tenants wanting to report it to landlord or replace the bulbs.

update 15 July 2019
Slamming shut the front door: its a nuisance here as well. At times though the front door expands and the door does need to be closed with more effort causing more noise but usually the door can be closed without much noise. 

still no lighting in the communal area. someone from the council said they would send someone round about it but ive not heard anything but oddly enough report a non existent water leak and people in the council seem quite willing to go along with it.

Mon 12 Oct 2020
Tenant above has been making a lot of noise these last few days ie heavy footsteps and banging of heavy things - the usual banging of her flat door which is opposite mine continues and slamming the main front door when she comes and goes. 

22 Sept 2022
Reading through this post I realised I should explain a bit more about the entries above to do with no lighting in the communal area due to light bulbs [blowing/not working] 

In regards to the communal stairs and landing areas that come up to where flats B and C are [mine and tenant upstairs who makes lots of noise], there where 2 dangling light sockets in the ceiling, which when one of the light bulbs blow, I was 99% the one who changed it for a new one. 

I got fed up with doing this so I stopped and waited to see how long if ever, C would do it which resulted in the communal stairs usually not having lighting [ though I think mostly the downstairs area had lighting. 

As it was flat C who usually had visitors at night I figured she would at least put a light bulb in for their safety [at least] but only once did this happen and she got the visitor to put the light bulb in. 

No comments: