About this blog

Ramblings, thoughts, facts and opinions about political things - starting point council tenant participation with my land-lord Camden council and council tenant reps plus other housing issues, and whatever.


NOTE: I believe this account has been illegally hacked. Little clues have been left for me. They like playing games.

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Public Liability Claim Forms for Internal Decorating

following on from post from 2015 Damp Patch on interior wall and ceiling of Flat HERE

Update 5 April 2016
Plasterer has done the work to the area's needing the work and when I got back to the landlord about the redecorating have since discovered what the "other process" is to do with internal decorations: being sent a public liability claim form to fill in, sign and send to the councils finance department. huh. Apparently one has to prove negligence on the landlords part.

Spend hours going over emails to and from housing repairs and in general gathering evidence to send in to the finance people - realised after I sent the form in with evidence by email, that I had got confused and emailed finance again about it. Waiting for them to get back to me.



Following on from the post HERE  in August 2015 about the water damage to parts of 2 walls and part ceiling in my flat, the council to give them credit after the negative story HERE,  and when I reported the damp, fixed the source of the water damage (as far as I am aware) and re-plastered  the parts of the walls and ceiling affected.

When I mentioned to housing repairs redecorating the areas damaged  I was informed the internal decorating was a different process.

The  process involves being sent a Public Liability Claim Form to fill in that to me isn't very easy to understand, and which I think is badly wrote written out in general - plus one is required to sign it, like in an actual signature, written in ink from a pen. Plus I don't even know what I'm actually supposed to be claiming for. Then send it to the councils Finance department and then who knows what the outcome will be.

 I think i'm supposed to guess that what I am required to claim for may be one of the below, some, all of, or who the fook knows : 
a) money to buy the materials needed to redecorate
b) money to employ someone to carry out the decorations,
c) money to do I want to do with it as no receipts are needed
d) money to do the councils job maybe on the cheap, who knows


note: this blog won't upload the scanned copies I did of the form.

Update 29 March 2016
After a little delay I sent in scanned copy of filled in claim form, plus photos, plus emails to and from housing repairs about the damp - to the councils finance people. Took me hours to do it all.

Update 30 March 2016
Realised I had got quite confused when filling in the form etc - not had to fill in such a form before and gather up all the info that goes with it just to try and get some redecorating following water damage to flat. Hope other tenants who may have to go through this don't get as confused as I did.

Update 18 April 2016
Councils finance department contacted me to say the council has admitted liability for the water damage. Mentioned compensation and  asked that I provide 2 quotes from reputable decorators.

Yes the email and letter where cause of some confusion on my part.

After making a few polite points to finance person I was then informed the councils in house repairs team would be involved in the re-decorating - huh I though, but I don't want them to do it and plus I was asked for 2 estimates.

Anyway, after the finance bloke clarifying that I'm not being forced to contract with the councils in house team to do the re-decorations, and again the 2 quotes request I asked for clarification as to what exactly can be redecorated, meaning is it only the actual area's that where re-plastered or for continuity sake the wall paper from 2 rooms will need to be stripped and wall painted, plus skirting doors, window frames etc.

Have been sent back to housing repairs who contacted me about coming to flat to assess what works need doing. I was none the wiser at the end of phone call and nowt was sorted.

Update 13 May 2016
Has been quiet on the council front since housing  repairs contacted me, staff may be busy/preoccupied  with the restructuring going on.

Update 22 May 2016
Not heard anything back from councils finance person since being passed on to the housing repairs people (which came to nothing), not even to clarify  whether or not finance still wanted 2 estimates from me.

Update 29 May 2016
All stations are go. Think from now on I might only write in code. 



No comments: